or even Friday! :P Yes, it installs in the airbox. All it does is alow you to

use a clamp on air filter.

I've seen a lot of peoples here talking about the adjustable timing plate

from RIcky Stator. I believe its about 35 dollars. You could advance your

timing. You would need a flywheel puller, impact wrench or someway to

safely remove your flywheel though. Maybe someone else could come

in here and correct me if im wrong. :shrugani:

Edited by Hilarious

Hmm...I thought I already replied to this thread - perhaps a multi-post?

Anyway I had said that I didn't think it was worth it, but that was because I thought you meant the new intake boots. If you're talking about the plate that installs in the airbox then its totally worth it. That stock filter is crap and the sooner you can ditch it the better. The only time I wouldn't recommend it is if you never ride through water. My banshee doesn't know what a puddle is so I've got dual clamp on K&N's, prior to that I had the Toomey 2:1 foam filter. Better setup I think but again, not if you ever wanna ride in some water.

Hilarious is right on. A timing plate is also a great mod for $35. You can advance the timing a good 4 degrees without any negative side effects and you'll get a couple extra HP all over the powerband. You'll need a Yamaha flywheel puller (about $20), and either a clutch holding tool or an impact wrench. I picked up an electric impact from harbor freight for I think $30 on sale. Works great for smaller jobs like this. At some point you're going to need these tools anyway so its good to buy em. The impact kicks ass on the clutch side as well.