Shifter problem

QuadMX

Alright. I was at the track for practice one night just dickin around doubling everything fine. I went off one and I messed up somethin. I landed HARD. I ended up bending my shift shaft and I couldn't get outa 4th gear. I'd shift up and the lever would stay up for a bit then drop back to the middle, I'd shift down and it'd stay down and pop back to the middle. Propped it up on its side against my trailer and took the clutch cover off...Nothing inside looked messed up to me, but when I hit the lever it still would not work. I'd see the fork work and the star would just pop back. So getting pissed off I just put the cover back on and dropped it down...started it up for the hell of it and shifted...Worked fine. I thought maybe the shift fork would be bent or outa shape if it didn't shift, but why would it not shift one time and then shift afterwards? I'm confused as hell so if anybody has any suggestions I'd love to hear them.

Later

Bob