tilt in front wheel

oliver566

As in one of my last posts, I had to get another axle due to my wheelieing whoes. And at the same time I got a tilt in my left front wheel. I had to replace the rim because it was warped into a dorito. But I still have a tilt in the wheel, just slightly off centre. What could cause this? Could it be a bent spindle or a-arm? it is barely noticable and can not be noticed in driving, so is it ok to forget about it for a while? lol

i had this same thing happen, check your upper a-arm, by the ball joint where it flattens out, see if it looks like your other one, this could be bent slightly, mine was bent real bad and the top of the tire toed inm took it off got a bigger hammer and now good as new, I was on a wheelie when i did a dingleberry and the bike fell on the the right side bummer

First vote is upper A arm where the flat part with the ball joint meets the tubing.

second vote is the frame at the rear upper a arm mounting point.

third is spindle.

fourth is a combination of all of the above. My 95 had a bent A arm, spindle and after replacing all that the worst of it was the frame. They were all damaged and each replacement part helped out a little but the frame is still a little tweaked.

I checked earlier and nothing about the frame or a-arms looked different than that on the other side which is completely straight. Also, there is no free play in the wheel or anything, it feels solid in place and doesn't make any noise which makes me think that it is not the bearings. But, when it is driven, there is a slight wobble, barely noticable but still there, in this wheel. Maybe that will help in the diagnosis of this problem.