need to buy new seals too?

I plan on getting one of those force axles from RMatv, I am planning on replacing the bearings at the same time, question is do I really have to replace the bearing seals/covers also or just clean up and reuse?? Also, what is the easiest way to remove the axle?? thanks in advance!!!!!!!!!! Any TipS?? :confused:

You will want to replace the seals also. The chance of you getting them off w/o damageing them is extremely slim. If it has never been removed it is going to take a lot of banging. Put your axle nut back on after you get the spindle off, and may want to use a block of wood if you don't want to ruin the stock axle. Then hammer away.

If you plan on having that axle out more than once, or if you race and have the chance of a bent axle, I have a good tip.

If you have a buddy that works in or owns a machine shop, have him/her machine you a solid block of steel about 1 and 1/2 inches square by about 4 inches long. Have them machine in female threads the same size as the axle threads into the center of one of the small ends.

With this, you can screw it onto the axle before you start beating on it. This way will not screw up your old or new axle if you need to remove it.

And yes, replace the seals and make sure you clean your tube and sleeve well.

Just my $.02 worth. Your mileage may vary.