adjustable timing plate

I don't believe the prices are equal. It seems the Rickey Stator is quite a bit cheaper. http://www.rickystator.com/. As a matter of fact I checked it and it is only 35.00 + shipping. It is plastic, but I have to believe it is pretty durable from RS and you can't see it anyway. Pro-design's runs almost 100.

Edited by sheefreak

i say prices being equal because i found a prodesign fo about $50. the ricky stator ones are plastic? are the prodesign's better because of this? does it give a considerable power gain on a piped and jetted bike? and how hard is it to pull off everything to install it? i haven't bought a clymers yet.

There is a tool made to remove the flywheel. You'll need that. You can ebay search for it, usually around 20 bucks.

I checked my local stealership, and they want 60 bucks for it, and have to order it.

DO NOT use a jaw/arm type puller. It will damage the flywheel.

Yep...definately not plastic.

I don't know why you'd ever buy a billet one unless you have more money than sense...or, had a clear lexan type side cover to show it off...

Be like putting Chrome Pistons it...what's the point?

:flush:

im for a machined piece of hardware not a cast piece.  i got my pro design for 50 bucks..  :shrugani:

365009[/snapback]

If it were a high stress piece or show piece...I'd agree 100%.

However...the plate just sits there, and it's not under much load..

15 bucks isn't much of a deal..but I've seen the polished Billet plates go upwards of 79 bucks...

Just not worth it IMO.

If it were a high stress piece or show piece...I'd agree 100%.

However...the plate just sits there, and it's not under much load..

15 bucks isn't much of a deal..but I've seen the polished Billet plates go upwards of 79 bucks...

Just not worth it IMO.

365020[/snapback]

when i have ran cast anything... even levers that seem not to have much stress.. i switched to a machined part. i've busted levers (cast) till i finally got me a good one (machined). i didnt want to chance it with something that sits near my fly wheel especially. what do the rickies go for like 30 or 35 bucks.. i would rather spend the 15-20 bucks for strength just cuz i know i've got it.

got the cash spend it.. if your not worried then save it. IMO :cheers:

I doubt there is any real difference in function but the prodesign plate is a way more high quality very precisely machined looking piece. Is the extra quality all that necessary, probably not, but if they were both the same price, I'd definitly go with the prodesign.