Chain...

If there is no master link, which...I'm assuming you looked for one, there is only one EASY way to do it, without getting a chain breaker...etc.

Loosed up the ass end, turn the adjusters all the way out (Loosens the chain by sliding the bearing housing forward) and walk it off your rear sprocket, then front, then over the tire...

Are you looking to take it off and clean it...or replace it?

Clean it...you're good from there. Replace it? Any new chain will have a master link in it.

Some may have to cut a few links off, depending on your gearing. Any reputable motorcycle/quad dealer/shop can tell you how many links to cut off.

Remember, if you're replacing the chain, replace the sprockets, too.

Worn sprockets can quickly ruin a new chain, and vice versa...

with the master link homz. look ove the entire chain for one link that doesnt look like all the others. it should resemble an elongated c-clip. you need to remove this from the link by sliding it one way or the other. then pull/pry off the link plate that was behind the clip. after that slide the master link's rivets out of the holes in the two adjacent links. bang youre done. its goes back together in the exact reverse of that pattern also.

Loosed up the ass end, turn the adjusters all the way out (Loosens the chain by sliding the bearing housing forward) and walk it off your rear sprocket, then front, then over the tire...

353750[/snapback]

dude, that won't work :shootself: it will still be confined by chain guides, the front of the swingarm, the frame, etc. if there's no masterlink, you'll need to just pick any spot on the chain easy to get to, and grind off the rivets and pop out that link to get it apart. if done carefully, you can go to the stealership and get masterlink to put it back together if you are reusing it. just give them the make and size, which is usually stamped on the plates of the chain. otherwise just grind the shit out of it, and pull it apart. and definitely replace chain and sprockets as a set if any are worn/damaged. B)

Man..some of that Gear Save and Liquid Ice from my "rebuild" yesterday must have sunk into me skin.

:flush:

I wasn't even thinking.....

True dat. Either use the master if there is one, and me pretty sure there is on a stocker...or get out your grinding gear...

Geez...thanks, Milo.

I'll be over here, pulling me head out of me arse...

;)