fmf sst jetting

Banshee~

Hey I just ordered some sst pipes. I was going to get rockets, but dident want to clip my plastics. My mods are fmf sst, K&N, airbox lid removed,800 ft. above, 32:1 mix. Im thinking and 300 main and 30 - 32.5 pilot 3rd clip position?What do you guys think

300 mains and only snorkle removed seems a little too much.

Take off airbox lid, now does 300 mains will be worth trying. And put does 30 pilots, FMF pipes like it rich on the pilots. :cheers:

If you want to stick with the air box lid then, take off snorkle and put 260 mains. Taking the airbox lid off and K&N filter makes a hell of an airflow change. With 260 mains and no lid you could be running lean, so if you take lid off 300 mains is the way to go, else ... 260's.

Edited by richybanshee

Yea ive got 30 and 32.5 piolets...I will go ahead and take the lid off. My bro is making a run to the stealership tomarrow what sizes do you think I will need? 310's 320's? On fmf.com it says

Needle Position: 3RD

Air Screw: 1.5

Whats the stock needle position?And when it says 1.5 turns out do I add that to the stock settings or start over?Thanks

Yep. Gently...very gently. When you screw it in, and it's "snug", stop. Don't force it.

Then count turns out.

No problems...I'm new to the jetting specs on banshees...with mods and what not..but, been after a while it's all the same and a good learning experience.

Out is leaner, in is richer. Banshees stock carbs have air screws.

Air screws are always located behind the venturi of the carb.

Some carbs have "fuel" screws". they are in front of the venturi. On Fuel Screws...it's opposite. In to lean, out to richen.

honestly...there are two places for information I've found invaluable...and instead of re-writing all that...check out the Pinned section in the top of this forum.

Also...check out this link. It is simply fantastic...!!

http://www.dfn.com/benkaren/jetfaq.html

How do I dial in the main jets? Ive got 300 mains and 32.5 pilots. Ive got 310's and 320's on the way....do I just throw them in and when its start bogging down jet down a size? I tryed the "choke trick" and it boggs pretty bad all the way to 3/4 throttle. WOT it doesnt bogg that bad its kinda hard to tell. Its not backfiring or cutting out anywhere. This weekend looks pretty good and im thinking about trying the 310's and see what happens. I tryed a plug chop, but I dident hold the throttle pinned after I killed it, should this mess up the coloring on the plug? Thanks.

Personaly...I think you are WAY too rich on the pilots.

Especially if you're using an airbox. I'd bet 27.5 would be fine (1 up from stock) or...at the very most 30.

I have twin pod K & N filters (No airbox), and Toomey T5's.

Mine loves 27.5 pilots, and 1.5 turns out on the air screw.

On 290 Mains it ran real good, but the plugs were a little white for my liking.

I just put in 310s and I will be riding this weekend to see if it's ok, which...I think it'll be fine. But, it's only 40s and 50s here right now. Once it's summer weather, I might jump down to 300.

Yes, if you didn't hold the throttle wide open when you killed it for your plug chop it will not color properly.

That link I posted can give you way more advice than I ever could writing here.

I honesly think you are way RICH on the pilots for just a set of pipes and airbox snorkel/lid removed....