14'' 97 Tahoe

nice truck. you could not drive it across my town. we have lift laws here. banghead

341885[/snapback]

The lift laws suck ass here too. 6 inches total on a long wheel base, and 4 on a short wheel base, and only 2 inches of that can be tire, and the remainder has to be suspension. I asked if I could go 6 suspension and run stock tires for inspection...nope.

:shootself:

well i started with a 10'' lift "suspension" and for a tahoe 38's are the biggest you can really go because of the small fender wells and its not straight axel, u get a bit bigger lift out of straight axel also.. They rubed a bit so i put on a 3'' body and did a torsion bar lift so 1-2'' there. I can go 42's pretty sure with mild fender trimming. I just havnt spent the $ on bigger tires yet because these have not gone completely bald yet. Next tire size will be 40's if this thing isnt sold.

Give it some time & go off road that 1/2 ton IFS will work it self ragged.

Not only that your PS pump will soon takke a dump.

My buddy had 39's on a z71 & the truck started to self destruct.

Thats why they say 4-6" on a 1/2 ton with 33-35" tires.

I am not trying to kill your post...I'm just saying I would not be in a hurray to go bigger on the tires.

I have a 5" lifted Z71 & I wanted to go bigger but I did a lot of research.

That is why the big boys do axle swaps.

Mmm well when you lift your truck your whole IFS is replaced with stronger stuff and I dont know who makes your life kits but everything around here is A++ work

344241[/snapback]

Whatever dude its your rig.

Everthing is not replaced it is still all 1/2 ton light duty componets.

P.S

What gears are in that truck? Hopefully 4:56 because thats the biggest that will fit in the 1/2 tons.