just getting started

dilorenzo_14

.....and that is why i came here for the advice.

Im getting ready to set up my 'shee for mainly drag racing only and i am re-doeing the entire motor pretty much and i was wondering if some of the more experienced draggers could give me some insight on what gearing to go to and who to get it from? is an auto tranny the way to go? How much do they cost and where do I get one? and if there are any experienced draggers that reply i would take any advice on how to get more out of my bike if possible.

i am putting in a Trinity 420 stoker kit with new 35mm carbs, v-force 2 reeds, stage iv pipe kit, superlite pistons i think, stage iv head, and some little stuff that i can't think of right now. someone said that Trinity doesn't do very good work? could someone explain that too if possible? would a shaved flywheel help me much or not? would a boost bottle be worth it? this is my first banshee, never could get the cash when i was sinking it all into dirtbikes, but if anyone can think of anything else that would be good to do it would help me out a bunch, thanks

• 4 weeks later...

I wouldn't waste my money with trinity man. Yea they have some descent products but they are too high. Don't buy there pipes man, get you some CPI's. Their coolhead is pretty good. A&S Racing is bad ass and so is packard enterprises and there is alot more builders out there that will knock trinity on its ass. If you have any questions man I will help you any way I can.

a 420 kit isnt needed unless you're doing it all with stroke (7mm stroke, 66mm bore) in which case is a very well running motor.

I would stay away from trinity and ask you to lean more towards, K&T, A&S, LC perf., Vincent, or even dyno edge, southern style racing, port magic (rudy kurtz), and packard. All these shops do good work and i would ask you to base your decision on how well you get along/trust the man on the other line to help you the most. Of the shops i listed A&S, K&T, SSR, have the fastest small bores out right now.

Rudy @ port magic is the best known man to cut the overrides and gets 425 retail for the labor ONLY. If i missed anything just ask

Im with faster than on that one except he forgot to mention Tyson racing too.

heres come of the websites for some of those builders...

A&S=www.bansheeracing.com

Tyson=www.tysonracing.com

packard=www.packardracing.com

k&t=www.ktperformance.com

the guy was saying he wanted to do a small bore motor. This is why i recommended the people i did.

bizkit, i havent seen tyson making big steps in the small bore stuff. That is why i left him out as well. He basically got his feet wet learning from Dan anyways, so A&S would get my vote there. No offense meant.

I think i would go with SSR though because the guy has his 350's running consistant 4.1's and some 4.0's