FlyWheel help

ok well i was wounderin if there is a way to tell if the fly wheel is warped cauze i took it to this guy who said he could get it off well i left and whent to the store to get sum food and came back to see him and his son out there with screwdrivers and hammers tryin to get it off i whent off on them and was like man hell with you load this shit up in my truck im gone so i want to check it it is still on im waiting to get a puller so that was i can get it off and also if it is ok how much would it cost to get it lightin up and how much does it cost to advance the timing

Thanks for any help you maybe able to give

g/d i woulda whooped that lil bastards ass.

timing advance is free if you have a dremel tool, do a search on it cause its been extensively covered.

lightening im not sure about the price, never done mine. however PM boonman on here, i hear he does em pretty reasonably

Edited by therail

take the cover off and fire it up for a sec. you'll see it spinning and if it looks like it's wobbling then kill it and take it out on their ass. if it's super straight, which it should be then your fine. if it appears to wobble kill it pretty quickly, that could put some nast havoc on your bearings and shit.

If they only used screwdrivers, I doubt they fooked up the flywheel. But, if hammers were involved, that's not good. Also, what were they doing? Prying against the case? Not good either. A puller is about $10. You need one nayways. So get one....

ok well what they were doin when i got there was tappin on the flywheel with a rubber hammer and they had the screw drivers on the casses but i checked them out there all fine i whent out and bought the puller and it is off now i will have to check it when i get the cases back togeather and see if it is all good or not

Shorty's racing lightens flywheels for $35. Portland Oregon

Boonman may do a better job, I duno, but for me it saves a lot on shipping to only send it to the west coast vs east coast.