Part Out Motor?

I have a 2000 motor with 50 over cylinders. I bought the motor as my spare motor while I had my main motor at Patriot racing for matching cases and port work. Well, I've been so busy trying to graduate I never ran it, I've even had my Patriot motor back for over a month and its still in the crate. I was going to keep it and turn it into a Dune motor so when I travel in the mil I have a motor for every occasion. Now, I just need to liquidate for money and moving reasons.

Anyways, so would I get the most money out of parting out on ebay or selling as a whole? I was told that it was recently rebuilt but I never did fire it up so I don't even know that it runs. I bought it from ER Cycles on ebay so I'm pretty sure it does. I could always fire it to make sure if I sell it as a whole.

running banshee motors seem to be pulling in a lot on ebay.........if it runs, i say keep it together....theres always that guy that dosnt want to fix the motor, just put a new one in

parting it out can get ya maybe 800, running motor will go for the same, but you dont have too pay countless of individual ebay fees, paypal fees, countless of runs to the post office....jut one fee and ask for a money order so you dont have to pay paypal their damn 3% :angry:

i parted my motor out on here and ebay, i got about a lil more than a running motor will go for, but better just to sell it whole and be done with it

but try selling on here first!!!! no ebay fees and your helping out other members

OK, instead of starting a new thread i'll just offer it up for sale right now.

I'm looking for $900, that's about the going rate for 2000 motors on ebay right now. What I mean by this though is if someone says I'll take it for $900 plus the max shipping of $80 (from MA to west coast), its sold. I will obviously take reasonable offers below this price.

If anyone is seriously interested I will mount it in my shee (my other motor is still in the crate), compression test it, leak down test it, and run it in my shee for say an hour or two. If its good to go then I'll ship it out to you.