Fmf Gold Series

fel0n

I just ordered an fmf gold series pipe for my kx 125, but im not putting it on until this monday. Anyone have any opinions on it? And will I notice a huge difference from the stock pipe? I know Banshees come alive with a pipe, but I have no prior experience with dirtbike pipes. Any info would be helpful.

Not to scare you, but the pistons on the 2 stroke MX bikes are not nearly as beefy as on the banshee either so you can melt one down pretty quick compared to the banshee. A long time ago I had a little RM 80 and it had only one ring on the piston and you could actually cut the piston material with a pocket knife. I was too young and dumb to know anything about jeting or freshening up the top end every so many hours, and my dad wasn't into motorcycles and didn't know either, needless to say, after I melted the 3rd piston my dad got rid of that sucker and it was 4 strokes from then on. :(

was too young and dumb to know anything about jeting or freshening up the top end every so many hours, and my dad wasn't into motorcycles and didn't know either
I can kind of relate to that, although I know enough to get by. But thanks for the info sredish, led, and ducman. The jetting FAQ helped alot.