Cool head, timing and octane?

So I’m in the process of rebuilding my ‘88 and interested in a cool head and timing plate and/or cool head just to put a little more pep in its step. Thinking a ModQuad with 21cc domes. I’m at 650 ft ASL here in Silver Lake MI. Would that be safe with 93 pump? Big question I’m wondering though... If you add a timing plate to it at +4 do you need to up the octane along with what you compensated for the domes or do compression and timing work independently as far as required octane ratings. (Hope that phrasing makes sense).  Just want to get more of what I hear these things are capable of, but kinda confused on how much I can run with what fuels. Any help would be appreciated. 

Here at 300ft sea level I ran 21cc domes if I remember right and +4 timing I mixed fuel just to be safe. On my current set up I run 20cc domes and +4 timing on pure race and the motor is much happier on that. But I'm no expert by no means. Just kinda giving you example.