Banshee won’t rev?

bmarleyzq8

I just picked up a 2000 Banshee.  The quad is bone stock.  It’s even got the original tires still(lol).  It ran great when I picked it up but by the time I got home, it’s was running pretty weird.  Didn’t seem like it wanted to rev consistently, it kind of cut in and out.

After digging through this forum, I found that I should dig into the TORS.  Sure enough, it was still intact.  So I unplugged it from the tiny black box and clipped the wires coming out I’ve the throttle assembly.  The quad seem to rev great after that.  I never had a chance to ride it,  until this afternoon.  It ran great after it warmed up and then a couple minutes into the ride it stopped reving again.  Here’s a link to a video of what it’s doing.  

Does it seem like it could be the parking break sensor?

• 3 weeks later...

Yes indeed!  The parking brake switch is located on the clutch perch and if not adjusted properly, will not close all the way and cause what you are experiencing.  You will want to either adjust the parking brake or unplug the brake switch to prevent this.  

Brandon

Mull Engineering