Low compression on new top end

stunter01

Hi guys

I know there is a lot of threads about this topic

My question is this. When your sleeve is fitted on the engine and you turn the crank must the top outer side of your piston

Line up with the sleeve ? , not talking about the dome

I only get like 87 psi on standard banshee with new wiseco pistons,fresh bore etc

Other thing is I'm   at 5000 ft above sea level would that be ok ?

Your cranking compression value will vary, especially if you have porting.  I would highly suspect either the wrong piston, or a comp gauge that is not right.  If there is no schrader valve in the threaded tip that goes in the head, the value will NOT be correct and will read low.  

I would no go throwing smaller domes at the engine to try to get a magic value from a compression gauge.  Lets figure out why it is low first!  

If it is assembled, use solder to test the squish band clearance first.  Report back.  

Brandon

Mull Engineering

first of all thanks for replying

I have 2 banshees this one I newly rebuilded the top end with 66mm pistons , rebored I saw that some porting was done on the sleeves not sure how much etc. I got a lighter flywheel on and timing plate at +4  , I also fitted VForce 4 reeds . the standard carbs was bored out to 28 mm in the front. main jets are 300 and the pilots I drilled out to round 27.5. im at 4800 feet so that is why I suspect the low compression with standard head. my other banshee is stock with only pipes done and gave me 85 psi on both cylinders. forgot to mention both banshees have pro flow air filters on and tors removed.i bought the coolhead secondhand and just fitted it to see the difference in compression it came with 18 cc domes , with the standard head I checked the squish

with a 1.5mm solder wire but it touches nowhere

I couldn't test the bike because the orings were leaking antifreeze only got a new o ring kit this morning and going to assemble the head later today and test the bike

i'm using 95 octane o yes and I adjusted the needle clips to 2nd groove from top read something about it on here that it needs to be done when fitting VForce 4 s

would the more compression give me better bottom,mid or top end power I suspect I got a mild porting but don't  really know the difference

I'm from south Africa and the resources are few for mods on these bikes

thanks again for the reply