Coolant overflow..

Hello members, I need some quick help. My bike recently starting leaking through over flow tube on top of radiator. I've read and searched but haven't seen the question I wanna ask. As I was taking the tube that goes to the water pump/impellar loose to check the impeller, I noticed the clamp was very loose. Could that clamp being loose which causes air to seep from my coolant system since it wasn't a tight seal, cause the issue I'm having? Just wanted to ask that before I dug furher...thank you..

Sent from my LG-D722 using Tapatalk

it would allow in, because as the motor builds heat the pressure would push coolant out. 

that wouldnt have anything to do with leaking at the top of the radiator though. 

Ok..thanks for clarifying it has nothing to do with my overflow issue. I figured it was my impeller not turning but it is, and I noticed the tube clamp not tight in the process. So I wondered. I was thinking not a tight seal would be the same concept as having busted orings or gasket. I've read that would cause an over flow out the radiator for whatever reason. But ok guess 'll look elsewhere

anything under pressure will take the easiest way out.  Most likely the loose hose clamp.  which would cause you to loose fluid, and gain air when it cools down.  

do you have fluid coming out the overflow tube? Do you have a hose hooked up to that?   are you running a expansion tank?  

anything under pressure will take the easiest way out.  Most likely the loose hose clamp.  which would cause you to loose fluid, and gain air when it cools down.  

do you have fluid coming out the overflow tube? Do you have a hose hooked up to that?   are you running a expansion tank?  

Yes, fluid is coming out of the over flow tube ( the tube that's near the cap). And I am running a resevoir tank in the back. By my impeller turning, does mean that I should be getting coolant through the motor correct?

yes, unless the impeller is OEM plastic and melted to the point it spins on the shaft. but for the most part yes, fluid should be flowing through.   

If you are running the reservoir in the back, that means you have a hose between the overflow and the bottom of the reservoir tank correct?  if so, would shouldnt have any leak in the front since all that fluid should be going to the tank. 

yes, unless the impeller is OEM plastic and melted to the point it spins on the shaft. but for the most part yes, fluid should be flowing through.   

If you are running the reservoir in the back, that means you have a hose between the overflow and the bottom of the reservoir tank correct?  if so, would shouldnt have any leak in the front since all that fluid should be going to the tank. 

Correct. So with what u just said, what would be the common thing to cause fluid to come out the top u would say?

if you have the hose on there, there should be no reason for it to leak past.  even a bad cap would push fluid out the overflow, which should end up in the recovery tank. not as a leak. 

if you have the hose on there, there should be no reason for it to leak past.  even a bad cap would push fluid out the overflow, which should end up in the recovery tank. not as a leak. 

Hmmm...is it possible for the overflow tank to fill up then go back to the radiator? Which would cause the leakage?

no the overflow tank has a vent in the top. so it would just push out the overflow in the back.  
any chance of showing some pictures of where the leak is etc? 

Makes sense... I can send pics when I get off...at 5...look back around 6....thanks for tryna help me...and the other member..