Exhaust O-ring problems

ZILLAKILLA

I have always had problems with these pipes properly excepting the O-ring and making a tight seal. It looks as though they've been grind it down so it doesn't except the O-ring to make it still sit flush. Getting oil blow by from O-rings getting blown out of their position. I have even used high temperature gasket seal around the flange and the O-ring and they would just deteriorate within a few rides from the gas and oil mixture. Any help would be great. LRD Adjustable Race Pipes

Edited by ZILLAKILLA

I'm not sure how old they are they came with the bike. But it sounds right and looks as though they had no groove to except it. Yeah I believe I put red silicone on it but didn't last very long because of the oil and gas mixture made it deteriorate after only a few hours of riding.

I'm not sure how old they are they came with the bike. But it sounds right and looks as though they had no groove to except it. Yeah I believe I put red silicone on it but didn't last very long because of the oil and gas mixture made it deteriorate after only a few hours of riding.

pull them off clean them in diesel, brake clean, gasoline, and heat it with a torch. Then clean off the cylinder really well with brake clean too.

Apply a decent amount of red rtv to both parts. No need to let it skin over. Then let dry for 36-48 hours.