Been out of the game for a while, want to build another

It's been a few years since I've even owned a bike at all, went to work away from home and sold everything or traded it off back in the day. I'm really wanting to build another bike and I'll have to do it piece by piece. To even compete anymore I need to be in the 80 - 100 hp range on a stock frame, and it need to be rideable as in no drag port. I don't know the numbers on a cub anymore but is this possible? Like I said been a few years since I have been in the game, and a few more since I had my banshee. So any input here is helpful and thank you for your time.

No riding, strictly a race bike or garage queen otherwise. They are ATV rodeos Sheerider, I don't know how popular they are in NJ, but they are usually a 5 event show consisting of Pole Weave, 3 barrel clover, key hole, down and back, and usual a 2 round elimination drag at the end. So I'm gonna need to upgrade from the ground up. I'll need to make better power in the bottom end most of the time, I used to great on a stock bike until the drags and always got beat out under power.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well that's the thing here, I haven't set a budget yet because I'm not up with what style of motor I would need to build so I was really inquiring of what style were still out there or what has changed. I see now with the information I have gotten that a Serval is the better choice for a more usable power range.

I won't need someone to build the motor, just whatever machine work comes with a bike I find. So I get to cut most labor out.

I would love to just buy a lot but I see they're pricey and the 4 mill Serval kit is around 2 grand which I could deal with, maybe not the wife though.

They never are anymore, 2 g just for internals will hurt but I will do it as money comes. I'm gone 5 days of the week as it is so it will have to be a slow build anyway. Thinking of picking up a roller and starting with my suspension and frame.

Do the cases have trouble when you start making the bigger power? I know my raptor did and I had to install case supports

Well that's the thing here, I haven't set a budget yet because I'm not up with what style of motor I would need to build so I was really inquiring of what style were still out there or what has changed. I see now with the information I have gotten that a Serval is the better choice for a more usable power range.

I won't need someone to build the motor, just whatever machine work comes with a bike I find. So I get to cut most labor out.

I would love to just buy a lot but I see they're pricey and the 4 mill Serval kit is around 2 grand which I could deal with, maybe not the wife though.

1. Stay off of eBay

2. Call a builder that specializes in banshee engines

3. Don't be cheap. Take your budget and double it. The engine alone will be around 4-5k.