Shock rebuilders

sheerider11

Cool thanks for the info. I need my tcs rebuilt to my specs one of these days & you provided useful info. I think I skip sf & go either race Tech or Derisi, when time comes.

Yeah, I didn't know what happened. But what ever.

I spoke to other places I liked.

I'm really thinking baldwin again. My rear shock was pretty damn good right out of the box.

Im gonna call a few places today again.

I'm also going to email fireball and get an order in for their arms.

I saw them. I called a few places today.

SF racing I was talking to, I think the guy hung up. I called back 2 times. He also said he's 3-4 weeks behind.

Race tech said it's not an issue. They just did a set about 2 weels ago.

Derisi said it's no issue as well. He said 7-10 days. I really liked talking to them.

Baldwin said he's good to go. Said it may take him a while to get parts tho.

I called 2 a arm manufacturers. Fireball and jd racing.

Jd said the length will not work on his arms. But I was on the phone with him for 40 minutes. Hands down nicest guy to talk to. Super passionate about what he does and really knows his shit. He used to do all the arms for leager and did a bunch of leader 250r/banshee frames.

He actually directed me back to baldwin. Said they will probably set it up better then penske can.

Fireball said order when ready. He's good to go. So that's what I'm going with.

As far as builder, I'm not sure. I'm waiting on blommel to call me back. And some one else. They were at nationals and won't be back till tomorrow.

Really Seth hung up..that's odd but he is a good shock builder he did my old peps 2 yrs ago and they were great

Sent from my VS810PP using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...

Why wouldn't you just have Axis rebuild them?  I believe it's like $90 and done. 

I ask because I'd like to have all 3 of my Axis shocks refreshed and if there's a reason why I should have them done somewhere else... I'd like to know why!

Edited by jayzx10r

Why wouldn't you just have Axis rebuild them? I believe it's like $90 and done.

I ask because I'd like to have all 3 of my Axis shocks refreshed and if there's a reason why I should have them done somewhere else... I'd like to know why!

Because I heard they aren't as good as these other shops that build suspension for pro riders.

Axis is like going to the dealer. They can do it, but it's all oem and won't do anything to make it better.

But I may go to them to lengthen the shaft.