Dc conversion retardation

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everything is literally brand new... When the battery was first hooked up it powered it all just fine then after sitting a few months now it doesn't do shit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

These small batteries are well known for having a high discharge rate.  They don't have much power to start with.  To stay out of the no-go zone, I recommend adding a battery tender to the battery.  You would hard wire a pigtail to the battery with a two pin plug off of that so you can easily just plug it in after a ride.  These trickle juice in the mA range and will just maintain the surface charge. 

These small batteries are well known for having a high discharge rate. They don't have much power to start with. To stay out of the no-go zone, I recommend adding a battery tender to the battery. You would hard wire a pigtail to the battery with a two pin plug off of that so you can easily just plug it in after a ride. These trickle juice in the mA range and will just maintain the surface charge.

That is the plan, that's how I ran my R1 before the lithium battery

I suggested hooking a load ( some sort of 12v light) directly to the battery with the engine off and rectifier disconnected. This should rule out everything except the battery. See what the voltage drops down to, and or to see if it evens powers the light.

Finally got around to doing this, my new battery powers a standard H6M bulb hooked directly to the battery, the old one doesn't do anything so looks like you were dead on the money!