2012 Banshee From Australia

Hi guys.

I have just recently purchased a 2012 Yamaha Banshee with 15hrs on the clock. It was a very clean example and was taken care of by the owner. As you may all be aware, the Banshee was produced until 2012 here in Australia. That is a very good thing for us here, but in terms of modifying, there's not much choice here. Parts are hard to come by and very expensive. Also with the currency at the moment it makes buying parts from overseas very expensive as well. For example, I asked a Yamaha dealer here for a genuine plastic and sticker kit and was quoted $2800AUD for it from here.

I am new to bikes and ATV's but always loved the sound of a two stroke. a friend of mine suggested the Banshee, at first it looked real ugly, but after watching a few videos it grew on me. I will be asking you guys for advice and also what mods I should do.

I have pulled the plastics apart and gave it a good clean. I ordered  V Force 4 reeds and  FMF Fatty and Powercore 2 silencers to begin with and would like to do some more mods in the near future.

(

) Edited by scaredyet

You got the basics down, sounds like your dealing with something thats never really been touched by anyone what a great find! On the other hand it's all about what you want to do, trail ride, hillclimbing, drag, its all about what you want.

hey man !

spewing ya missed the boat on the good exchange rate ! shit expensive now haha.

you can get a cool head with smaller cc domes to pump up the compression  and also get a timing plate to advance the ignition timing (will have to run 98oct fuel tho)

but id be weary of bumping up the comp and timing with a non welded crank, it will move around.

but once you pull the engine down, there is a tonne you can do it, double, triple the power !

but for now, get the new pipes on and the other parts ya got for it and ride the fuck outa it.

as for local shops.... dunno, i just buy the parts for the states and throw em together in the shed. 

I got some OEM parts from Partshark and it is much cheaper to buy from there, even with the exchange rates than to buy from here in Australia. I bought the EHS racing air box cover direct from them and used shipito to send it here. The other items were bought from ebay. I paid $590 AUD shipped to Australia for the FMF exhaust system from ebay using a discount code which has now expired.

• 7 months later...