I see, read that wrong. tapping the hell out of it was worth a try. me and my buddy had to do it over and over before it would spark,  we couldn't swap cdi's due to different connector plugs on mine vs his. have you checked out your flywheel? ive heard coils rarely fail, just what I heard. if you haven't checked everything out, then do so, and then re check it all again. you may be surprised at what you could've over looked.

trickedcarbine posted a very good check list to do. you need to buy a clymers manual, or download, or look at one on this forum. has it had this problem since you purchased it? what the hell does the youd held mean? your looking for pick up gap, and rust build up on the timing nubs on your flywheel. you need to check your flywheel, and key. im not the most qualified person  to be answering your questions, but you def. need to check everything, and report back. there are some very experienced guys on here that can help you out, if you check what they ask, and report back, then they can help you out even more.