Still Hurtin!

jumpman23

Wasup! I thought I'd share my worst wreck ever since I know everyone atleast has one dumb story to tell. Well when I first bought my banshee about 5 months ago the third time to the dunes here in Oregon I ended up almost killing myself. I was hauling up this steep hill and with my don't give a sh@! attitude I was going too fast and ended up flying over the top part of the hill and ended up dropping about 10-12 feet slamming my front end into the ground and my chest completely bent the handle bars. Needless to say I collapsed and it was the most pain I've ever experienced. I didn't have a chest protector on at that time and my buddy didn't get to see it but saw me passed out next to my ride. It took me about an hour to even sit up with the pain and I was short of breath if you can imagine that. Well I was lucky that I didn't completely break my sternum but did a number to myself which still to this day hurts like hell sometimes. I bruised my whole chest cavity internally pretty dang bad and the doctor told me to stay off of it for atleast 2-3 months. Well I didn't want to go home but I was moving slow like a 90 yr old when I got back to camp after visiting the hospital for a couple of hours. This was in the morning and that night I got the courage to get back on it and rode through the pain I was in, which was dumb because I know that's what made me not get better. I tell ya the adrenaline takes away pain like nothing else!!! Last week was the first weekend I haven't gone since my wreck. Pain or no pain I love haulin!

• 3 weeks later...