First banshee ever! What to do?

Haha well ive ridin bikes before. Friends of mine have had cr 250s and a buddy of mine has a banshee and raptors. I ride them often enough to know how to ride them. Do i need this crazy power im looking for ? No not really but if i have a banshee in gonna want it. Like the others said.. If ur down in there and in the process of rebuilding, might as well do it right. I mean stock power would im sure be enough to satisfy me but its never enough lol.

Probably not lol. Worry about that when we get there haha. I was able to get a hold of the previous owner of this banshee before my buddy had it and i guess he still has the swing arm and rear shock, axle and some other stuff so all i need now is the steering stem and tierods and it will be a roller. Then i can start on the engine. Anyone got a stem kicking around ? Lol

Ok i tried my buddies banshee and it went well. He told me the think had a stroker kit and i thought it did but i just talked to the previous owner and he said it was not. Says it was bone stock. If that thing was bone stock it was a sick stock banshee lol. Do the stock ones really go this good? Here is a video of it

http://i1238.photobucket.com/albums/ff481/Shawn_Collin/atv/46C0A25C-5FED-4A6F-944C-6E5CEF533611-1001-0000006FFAC5B10B_zpsf3114e85.mp4

Exactly why I asked the questions I did. That thing has slow ass pipes in it and you thought it was fast. Every bodies idea of fast is relative. If a stock raptor is a fast machine for you and your are happy with that power then most of the stuff commented on here will prob get you wrapped around a tree and life flighted out. You would prob be more than happy with a good stock build and making it reliable. Some decent pipes, some cooling mods, decent suspension and ride the piss out of it.

You have to realize there's more to it than just a 4 mill. We all throw that around like its super special, but it really ain't that big of a deal. Little more torque I think if done right. There are stock stroke builds out there that run baddass too. Porting is a HUGE part of it. Then all the supporting parts. You can't just throw the baby stroker crank in and call it a day so you can sound cool to your buddies then expect it to run good. Way more to it than that. If you want a screamer for cheap buy up the stock stroke cub topend that's for sale on here and slap that on your crank after you get it trued and welded. That'll be more than capable of eating your lunch and on the cheap.

That cub looks like a decent deal. There's stock stroke serval cubs out there too that aren't as drag oriented as the standard cubs are. One if those would be better suited for what you are wanting prob. There's other options out there. Doing the crank right and going 4 mill as a very viable option. I've got one and have had for years. But it's more money in setup and initial cost. We all preach about "doing it right" but there can be levels of that I think. Depending what you're going to do with the bike there are things that can be cut out of the equation that might just be overkill for what you are wanting to do.

Ok i want to concentrate on the bottom end. Once i get the bottom end done i can work on the top. I dont have cylinders at the moment somil have to get some. I have 2 cranks. One seems to be better shape then the other. Can i just have that one serviced and put in or should i buy a new crank so i know im good to go

If you want to go the stock stroke route then ya get them both looked at. If one of them is good enough then you could just get it trued and welded and be on your way. Most places will do that for around $75 I think. Don't dick around with the local yocal bike shops though. That'll turn into another conversation.

Ok thanks. Ive always had bad luck with bottom ends because i never touched them. And it always bit me in the ass shortly after doing a top end, so i dont want to mess around no more i want to have it done right. Only reason i wanted or was thinking about doing the 4mil is because i already have it all apart i thought maybe since i have it all torn down now would be the time to do it. But the things im hearing sounds like its a pain lol. If i do the 4 mil i have to do alot of other things as well. I dont mind but if i can keep it simple and still get some gains, im game