k&n pods fitment

stoddardshee

Hey guys i was curious on how you get pods to fit right on the carb? My cylinders wont show till early next week so i cant get pics but i have stock cylinders a billet 1 peice intake and pwk33's and their almost too high and the pods hit the exhaust. I made some extensions and set em back about 4" previously but its alot hangin them back so far on the carb boots. Can a few of you post up pics of your pod setups please and maybe should i switch back to upp intakes that dont raise and set the carbs back so far?

I have billet intakes with about a 1/2" spacer built into it, 33 PWKs, and pods that are angled 10 degrees. I put the pods on so they are angled to the right and I put a zip tie around both of them the to suck them together just a bit and keep the outerwares away from the pipes. I have T5 pipes with Cascade stingers and silencers.

I run Uni pods that are angled...I have them angled downwards, and have no clearance issues whatsoever. Don't even need the heatwrap. My intake setup is as follows:

- Stock cylinders

- VF4's

- ProDesign individual intakes (No crossover)

- Uni foam pods

- T5's

Not sure if the image will load, so: https://www.dropbox.com/s/4po9b1gap39hme0/PodsInstalled.jpg

PodsInstalled.jpg

I believe the part number is:  UP-4229AST according to UNI's site. The 33PWK and 34PJ opening is 2.3", and that model number is a 2.25" ID, with the 15 degree angle. I have mine angled downwards and center, and have no issues so far. If I can get to my quad today or tomorrow I'll try and grab some close up pics. The longer your intake, the more it's gonna raise the pods up towards your stingers- which is why I was happy I didn't need reed spacers.