speaker upgrade in my pickup

Thanks sprinkler, but I want to buy new and keep it all the same brand. I'm on 7 10's for the next 3-4 weeks then I'll make my decision and purchase. I don't want a 2500 $ system but don't want a 400 $ one either. You do get what you pay for that's for sure.

I seen at Walmart they are carrying kicker now.. I've been thinking about goin that rout. I need some mids in my s10,

Pioneer premier head unit

2 12" pioneer champion series

slot port box. 1.5 cube each tuned to 34 hz

audioque 2200d(great amp, never gets hot).

DBelectric(eBay) 220 amp alternator,

big 3 upgrade in 0/1 gauge,

and a kinetic 2200 battery in the back by the amp/sub.

And I'm already over 2k into this so far.

Most people don't seem to realize you need to upgrade your truck too. At least do a big three with any system. imo

If I did it again, I would of just ran 2 stock suburban alternators. They put out more amps at idle than most of the aftermarket ones. and they'd probably be more reliable too.

This is bullshit!!!! Just as hard upgrading my audio as it is my banshee. Wtf??? Lol

Its not hard at all.   I've been in this game a long time..  Out of it for a long time too.. lol   But..  One thing I've learned.. Is its 80% install 20% equipment.  Pick your budget and find the best hardware within that budget.     I've done a complete install with over 5k worth of product..  and I've done a few full installs under 1k..  All of them sounded great.

As I got older... I spent less... lol

Electrical is important also, depending on vehicle.  I wasn't seeing and voltage drops with my stock electrical.. but I did add a Hi-amp Alt since I was over 3k watts..  Big 3 was actually only a big 1.  Some simple math will tell you what is needed from your electrical.

Heard a set of Hertz, think I'll go that route. I was quite impressed with the sound quality and they have good reviews. Also picked up a jl 400 4 channel for 100 bucks.

I have some focal ps 6.5s and vifa xt25s tweets running active off an alpine 9887, sounds damn good. Deadening and properly sealing doors is key.

Sent from my iPhone Sixteen-teen

You mean silicon inside the seams?

I don't see deadener in there but what it is an aluminum foil layer with a butyl backing. Cheaper ones like dynamat and fatmat use an asphalt backing that is no good so stay away from those. But it adds mass to a flat panel (25% coverage is all that's needed) which lowers the resonate frequency so it doesn't vibrate as much.

I use audiotechnix (now known as ct audio) 80 mil deadener. It's a good middle of the road deadener that won't kill the wallet.

Alphadamp is the #1 deadener IMO and price reflects it.

Sent from my iPhone Sixteen-teen