Just rebuilt did first run not no spark

zotos

Got a 2000 Shee. Did a full crank and upper rebuild. After putting it together I had it running for about 30 seconds as I wanted to check to see if the clutch was right before I filled the trans. I shut it off and filled the trans and could not get it to start.

I pulled both plugs and checked for spark and nothing on either. After killing my foot kicking it I decided to do a makeshift electric starter with a drill. Now it will barely spark if I hold the drill wide open. but it will spark. I took the coil out and took it to the local bike shop to test it and they said it was good. I am out of Ideas anyone wanna guess?

Update:

Just did a stator/coil check

Ignition coil was 18.6

Pickup coil was 132

Lighting coil was 2.1

Also checked the coil to ground and also 2.1

Heres what they should read. My lighting seems a little high everything else seems to be fine and not sure how the coils work.

Stator resistance:
Ignition coil should be 13.7-20.5 Ohms (red to green wire)
Pickup coil should be 94-140 Ohms (white/red to white/green wire)
Lighting coil should be 0.26-0.38 Ohms (black to yellow wire)

Coil resistance:
Primary coil should be 0.28-0.38 Ohms

Secondary coil should be 4,700-7,100 Ohms

Pickup coil gap: 0.015"-0.020"

Spark plug: NGK BR8ES

Park plug gap: 0.7-0.8mm (0.028-0.032")

banshwdc.jpg

Ill check the pickup and post a picture as I dont know what to look for and it seems fine to me.

Replace the spark plug boots.  They do go bad, and it's a cheap, and easy repair.

Did this when I had the coil tested. Just talked to the service tech at the local bike shop and he said it sounds like a pick up coil. Looking like a $300 bill.

I talked to another guy that said you can buy them without the stator and just solder on and go for $15. Anyone attempt this and how did it work out?

I just had the same problem after rebuilding mine ran before the rebuild no spark afteri cut the wires leading out from the tors box an bam had great spark so now im just waiting on my tors removal kit to come in. So not sure if ypu still have the tors system but if you do that could be the issue

Did this when I had the coil tested. Just talked to the service tech at the local bike shop and he said it sounds like a pick up coil. Looking like a $300 bill.

I talked to another guy that said you can buy them without the stator and just solder on and go for $15. Anyone attempt this and how did it work out?

They are charging you 300 bucks for a pickup????  You can just buy a pick for like 25 bucks and installed it yourself or buy a new OEM stator for cheaper than that!