Plug Chop on Toomey Needles, what do u think?

Here are my details

Toomey T6 Pipes

Uni Air Filter

(12) Uni Air Filter pods cut into the airbox (Toomey Suggestions)

Vforce 4 Reeds

Vintos +4 Timing key

Toomey Needles

Trail Tech Vapor

750 - 1000 above sea

75-80 with low humidty

I jetted to there specs

25p

air screw 1 1/2

4th clip in there needles

280mj

now i have

27.5p

air screw 1 1/4

4th clip there needles

300mj

with there jetting i had to have the air screw .5 turns out just to take off without killing it.  after changing the pilot i can see what a difference it made!!  pulls the front end up quick with just a snap of the throttle, when driving at low speed and low rpm and u snap it 1/4 throttle its either trying to lift or busting the tires loose!!  low end is excellent i think.  now the top with there jetting seemed lean to me??  when i was in 6th gear driving down the road it would almost instantly pull up to power band and take off right now.  and i mean mean like at 4k then u would snap the throttle it would hit power band in less then 2secs and rev out quick.  now im not sure if it should be just that quick?  felt like in 6th gear it would max out on speed and rpm in about 6-8 seconds.  does that sound right?  i jumped to a 290mj and seen the rpm power band jump from 5500 to around 6500 rpm, but it pulled longer in each gear.  i went a 300mj and i didnt notice much difference until i hit 6th gear roll on which required the machine to work a little more then to hit powerband, which of course its richer.  my top speed from a 280 to 300 went u by almost 7mph.  according to the trail tech that was around 69mph now.  so my question is how should 6th gear pull?  should u hit it and scream right away?  should 6th be a road gear and take a few extra seconds to open then hit?  with this 300mj i went up a hill in 6th gear lugging it wide open throttle and it never chugged or spit once.  the temp was at 175 and the hill was around a mile up or better to the top,  i did this plug chop down the road.  what do u think?  thanks for any input!!

DSCN0315_zps2333e782.jpg

your looking rich to me-I have the T6s at 500-1000 ft (although its a bit cooler here) on a pretty much stock bike- - it needs to be a light coffee colour. have you tried a plug chop on the 290s or 280s. i know people will say 'waste of perfectly good plugs' but for the cost of that compared to the potential damage due to poor jetting i happily chopped my plugs to make sure im as dialled in as poss.

im still running 25 pilot and stock needle- i have the 27.5s and toomey needles but am yet to try these- did you run the T6s with the stock needle before the toomeys? ive read on here people cant get on with the toomey needles and went back to the stocks- how are you getting on with dialling in the midrange?

your looking rich to me-I have the T6s at 500-1000 ft (although its a bit cooler here) on a pretty much stock bike- - it needs to be a light coffee colour. have you tried a plug chop on the 290s or 280s. i know people will say 'waste of perfectly good plugs' but for the cost of that compared to the potential damage due to poor jetting i happily chopped my plugs to make sure im as dialled in as poss.

im still running 25 pilot and stock needle- i have the 27.5s and toomey needles but am yet to try these- did you run the T6s with the stock needle before the toomeys? ive read on here people cant get on with the toomey needles and went back to the stocks- how are you getting on with dialling in the midrange?

Thanks for the reply.  I didnt try these pipes without there needle but all i can say is that this thing has amazing pull without being in powerband, and when it hits it fricking screams.  the 25 pilots were terrible and the 27.5 was worth the effort to put in!!  i heard that with the vforce4 there has been a dead spot down low and i could feel it bad, the new pilots worked perfect.  i would keep the toomey needles if i were u, they seem to be a tad rich but have effect on the throttle response there needles are excellent and beyond any banshee i have ever riddin, its as snappy as a 4 stroke and great lugging ability!!  the 290's had the same ring length up the side of the white porcelen.  im not sure if its any lighter, i will check when i get home.... 

im definately gona try the toomey needles- im gona dyno my bike as soon as i get it back from the shop with the toomeys fitted- its being made street legal at the mo. my main jetting is dialled in well but my mid range needs a bit of tinkering. let us know how you get on with the T6s and the VF4s- 27.5 sounds right as im sure you need to rejet the pilot for these reeds so as you said you should be on the money there. just remember the golden rule of jetting- change one thing at a time and take the time needed. then if somethings not right you know where you went wrong- if you change a needle setting at the same time as a main jet it can get complicated as well as fuckin frustrating. when you say 4th clip do you mean 4th from the pointy end i presume? where im running stock needle it'l be on the 3rd - middle of 5 right- so when i go with the toomeys and i want to richen it up a little i think i should go for the 4th from pointy end and go from there.

do let me/us know how you get on buddy