A-arm ID/Ball joint help

noonansar

I bought my shee used with these a-arms on it, they are +2 +1 and the tubing looks larger than most arms I have seen. The heims are worn out and I am trying to replace them with ball joints. Problem is that the thread on the heims is 18mm instead of the standard 16mm replacement heims or ball joints I can find, and the arm itself is threaded. Does anyone recognize these arms or know where I can find ball joints to fit them? I have spent several hours on several sites researching and can find nothing.

The pic is one I found online, but they are the same arms that came on my banshee

post-45243-0-78247400-1373107692.jpg

The file is too big to attach. I have done some more research, they may be old asr arms, they do not have heims where the upper a-arm bolts to the frame. The ball joint thread is 3/4-16. All that I can find for that thread size are medium taper truck tie rod ends that require spindle reaming. My current spindles are not reamed.

The file is too big to attach. I have done some more research, they may be old asr arms, they do not have heims where the upper a-arm bolts to the frame. The ball joint thread is 3/4-16. All that I can find for that thread size are medium taper truck tie rod ends that require spindle reaming. My current spindles are not reamed.

If they're 3/4-16, you'll be hard pressed to find a ball joint to fit the spindle. Just go buy 4 JMX12-T heims made by FK and never look back. I'd run those FK heims over any ball joint any day... especially these junk automotive tie rod ends that these companies are passing off as "ball joints". Tie rod ends are designed for end load, not radial load.

I think that the asr ball joints are the way I am going to have to go. They are expensive, but still cheaper and easier than buying a reamer to make some odd-ball automotive tie rod ends fit, or taking the spindles to a machine shop and letting them do it. Thanks for everyone's help.