Air box help

Hey guys, I recently got some 28mm PWK's and absolutely have to run an air box where i ride. Im putting reed spacers on because the bottom of the carb hits the clutch actuator but i dont think the stock box will fit now due to that. So my question is, what do you guys do about airboxes with aftermarket carbs? Is there a way to mod the stock box to fit? I know about the CFM aluminum boxes but im really not trying to spend anther $100. Any Thoughts?

I use 35PWK's,billet intakes, spacers and an airbox...all that junk moved it up and back a bunch. I needed the bit extra space as i have fuel lines plumbed into the bottom of my carb bowl nuts. I cut the 2 airbox posts off of the frame as they are useless. Then i just zap strapped to the rear mounts on the frame that were for the airbox. Works fine and is pretty solid for a few years now. 

I can throw up some pics if need be.

I use 35PWK's,billet intakes, spacers and an airbox...all that junk moved it up and back a bunch. I needed the bit extra space as i have fuel lines for my dial-a-jets plumbed into the bottom of my carb bowl nuts. I cut the 2 airbox posts off of the frame as they are useless. Then i just zap strapped to the rear mounts on the frame that were for the airbox. Works fine and is pretty solid for a few years now. 

I can throw up some pics if need be.

Oh thats awesome, thought i was gonna have to buy that CFM box lol. Thanks for the help. It would be great if you could post up a pic, I think others may be interested too. :cheers:

Just had to slightly bend the 2 tabs down. Install box from bottom. Cut airbox posts off for clearance. I also shaved junk off of the sides of the air box i wouldn't use.(mounts and wire holders and tabs ect)

DSC01315_zps7f94607f.jpg

Some gates reinforced hose cut to lenght. Perfect fit.

DSC01316_zps0339aba6.jpg

DSC01318_zps42c88a4c.jpg

Just enough clearance.

DSC01317_zps7d1b465f.jpg

All.

DSC00178.jpg