GT Stators

I recently purchased a rewound 200w RM Stator from Gary (sheerider1026). I bought an RM stator and adjustable timing plate on eBay, direct from RM for $34.00 shipped. I had it shipped to Gary, because I wasn't even going to attempt to run it on my new build knowing that these things rarely work. Gary opened it, and tested the stator before he did any work to it. The ignition side tested bad. It did not ohm within spec RIGHT OUT OF THE BOX. This is the second one I've had him do for me. The first one was an OEM stator that is on it's second season with absolutely no problems. Before he got the OEM stator from me, the bike wouldn't even run.

Gary rewound it for me, and did an amazing job. He upgraded the lighting output wires, and put all of the connections on isolated standoffs to prevent any shorting and solid solder point. Without a doubt the best $140.00 I have ever spent on this bike. The peace of mind knowing that I won't have to worry about this stator, and that I get 200w of lighting power is the best of both worlds.

This looks like INCREDIBLY tedious work, and I don't know how Gary does it for so cheap. One thing he told me was that I need to be patient. He's a one man show, and is getting busier and busier, and I can see why. I recommend having Gary do the repairs to your bad OEM stator, or do what I did, and have him rewind a brand new one for you. I don't know of anyone else who does this stuff, but KNOWING that it's done right, is worth every cent.

Thanks a ton, Gary.

photo1_zps28d14719.jpg

photo3_zpsc235edb0.jpg