HELP! video on starting problem im having

hi all,

i have put together my 4 mil finally and have done a leak test and its all good.

i have a strange starting problem though, see the video below

it wants to start but dies, no amount of throttle will keep it up.

i have lectrons and have set them according to Dennis Packard which should be correct.

what do you think the problem could be or what can i try?

compression is perfect (115psi @ 5000ft), spark perfect (nology coil & hotwires)

i can kick it like that all day and it will keep doing just that all the time till the pipes get warm but it wont stay on...

thanks in advance

still the same.........

flat side of the needle is facing the motor. i don't know why it fires up but stalls immediately.

the bike seems quieter because the accelerator cable was holding the carbs a bit higher in the previous video, I have taken the cable off and put the slides only on the idle screws for this video.

I have also put the original coil and wires on and it does the same. So it’s not the Nology coil or hot wires.

I have done a leak down test and it holds 6psi all day long.

I’m really stumped

just to let you know it is an ignition problem, as soon as i plugged the key switch back in and disconnected the tether it started and stays running.

the dyna cdi does deliver spark (as in the videos) even when the switch is off, yet with the ignition on it continues.

really happy i got this solved (with the help of BVHdevelopments)

• 3 months later...