Thumb Vs Twist

I grew up riding dirt bikes. When I switched to quads, my thumb was ALWAYS tired. So I put a twist on and never looked back. When we put my daughter on a Blaster, she always had to stop every 15 minutes to rest her thumb. We(me, wife, daughter) decided to try a twist and she could ride all day without stopping. It is all in what you are used to. Guys that can't ride a twist through whoops are not relaxed enough and need to learn how to let the bike move without it whipping their body around. Everybody is entitled to like what they like. I would say if you already have the twist to put the bike together and try it carefully. If you don't like it switch to a thumb or dual gasser.

Ive been riding dirt bikes for about 20 years and quads for about 6 years (4x4 and sport). Ive always hated the thumb throttles. I switched to a twist on the banshee and was going to try and do the same on the grizzly. Im just used to twist throttles. Everyone is different. If its comfortable for you then keep it. Its your bike.

TON!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

Twist throttles are meant for 2wheelers

I agree with this. I have rode dirtbikes my whole life and love my twist throttles but it just feels wierd on a quad. Even on my insane built CR250 I never had a problem with throttle control so I dont think thats an issue. I have a twist setting in my garage I been thinkin about putting on my Shee to help reduce thumb fatige (usually ride hard terrain 3-5 hrs straight) But havent convinced myself I will like it yet.

Twist is the way to go i think. Thumb gets boring after a while, but it is your bike do what you think feels comfortable, i agree fully.