DC Conversion

IceAlmeida

hey guys this was a diagram i edited https://twitter.com/Sloshsince1987/status/258868471557918721/photo/1/large

would you guys hook up a trail tech 12V 3700 mAh NiMH Battery to this setup?

im rather gonna run matts leds lights or 2 trail tech 30 watt hids........ or mayb 2 trail techs hids and one of matts leds?

i already bought all the supplies to float my ground including the regulator but can anyone give me some tips for this who hasn't already ??????

Edited by IceAlmeida

yah, here's a tip: don't host your damn pics on twitter. i still can't get rid of a plug-in that haunts me from clicking those stupid twitter images. bad as aol, i tell you. and then, yah, i have some good tips.... :shootself: photobucket and you can link pics better.

Here is what I did to mine.

where is your engine ground now? transient through the motor mount contact? there should be 3 wires coming through your stator harness bare. the floated ground via new wire, existing yellow, and the engine ground (factory)

As Bansheeboy posted make sure you use the blue wire on the trailtech regulator.. I talked with trailtech about it a couple years ago and we decided that even though I was using a fairly big battery it wasn't being used all the time and therefore only needed "topped off". The instructions explain this breifly.

im also in the process of doing the dc conversion, the only thing i would point out is not to ground the light circuit to the frame, as from what ive gathered researching it needs to go back to the battery to keep the lighting and ignition circuits on their own ground

not to jack your thread but i also need an idea of what battery to use, ill me running 35w hid, so what battery spec do i need? will a 12v 5ah lead acid work?

something like this? http://www.ebay.com/itm/12VOLT-5AMP-HOUR-RECHARGEABLE-SEALED-GAME-FEEDER-CAMERA-ALARM-BATTERY-12V-5AH-/170926631246?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item27cc05694e

where is your engine ground now? transient through the motor mount contact? there should be 3 wires coming through your stator harness bare. the floated ground via new wire, existing yellow, and the engine ground (factory)

You are right on that. My ground for the stator is still the factory black wire & I add the second yellow wire for the floated ground and never update the MAP. Here is the updated one. :notworthy:

You are right on that. My ground for the stator is still the factory black wire & I add the second yellow wire for the floated ground and never update the MAP. Here is the updated one. :notworthy:

hey AKheathen learn how to use a computer..... lol

and notsed im using the trailtech Nickel-metal hydride Battery Pack: 3700 mAh, 12V ..... for the trailtech hid lights if i had to lug a battery like that on my banshee i would just use stock lights that battery is huge lol

I was using the trail tech 3700mAh batter and it was not work well with my HIDS. Now I am going with a PS-1270 F1 7.0AH. If I can find lighter battery than that one then I will switch to that one..

Here is the HID I am running. They pull pull more power then the trail tech lights.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/PAIR-55W-4-HID-XENON-DRIVING-LIGHT-SPOT-BEAM-OFF-ROAD-Spotlight-Lamp-ATV-4X4-/110965695748?hash=item19d6122504&item=110965695748&pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr

I was using the trail tech 3700mAh batter and it was not work well with my HIDS. Now I am going with a PS-1270 F1 7.0AH. If I can find lighter battery than that one then I will switch to that one..

Here is the HID I am running. They pull pull more power then the trail tech lights.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/PAIR-55W-4-HID-XENON-DRIVING-LIGHT-SPOT-BEAM-OFF-ROAD-Spotlight-Lamp-ATV-4X4-/110965695748?hash=item19d6122504&item=110965695748&pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr

For a pair of 35w HID's, I wouldn't recommend anything smaller than 4ah.