Closures opening back up at Glamis!

So Cal Suspension

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow you made my day if its for real, tired of having to avoid those closed areas. They werent really maintaining the paddle markers anyways. They were protecting a weed. Funny thing was that everytime it rained they were everywhere.

Edited by Sandking

I gotta make a trip out there one day. Why was this land closed to begin with?

Like Sandking said, the hippies lobbied for it to be closed because of a stupid ass weed. ASA has been working on getting these closures opened back up since 2008. The RAMP (Recreation Area Management Plan) was approved 7th of this month, and there is a 30 day time frame for the hippies to appeal it, but from everyone I've talked to from ASA, it's not likely that they'll win an appeal. I guess until I see the markers come down, it's not 100% yet, but it's looking damn good. This is the last of 7 steps to get it opened back up.

There is actually a section FAR north of the S2 that will be expanded as well. The very northern tip of the ISDRA just east of Calipatria.

Thomas H did you go to sandsport show - how was it?

It is going tomorrow too. Lots to see. I saw alot of stuff I can't afford some deals on paddles and stuff. really expensive food.

Watching the race carts go around was fun. Alot of venders. If you have kids they have a spray ground and a live band.

Hell yeah. Everytime the hippies succeed in closing a riding area, there never reopened for riding ohv's. Score one for the good team! Now if they could just open the riding areas back up in colorado that were closed during the clinton administration.

TON!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk