Is my rear shock blown?(Video)

A shock being "blown out" won't make it sag any more or any less. Also, changing the compression adjustment won't affect it's sag ether. Preload, will. How much do you weigh, and when you bounce up and down on the bike can you hear the shock piston "swishing" through oil?

Actually when i took my shee to get a tuneup, the guy told me that the shock needed a rebuild,

but wanted to make sure with you guys,

thought he was only trynna make more money cuz he wanted to charge me $250 to rebuild it!

Actually when i took my shee to get a tuneup, the guy told me that the shock needed a rebuild,

but wanted to make sure with you guys,

thought he was only trynna make more money cuz he wanted to charge me $250 to rebuild it!

DAMN! 250? I need to raise my prices... a straight rebuild is $119.00 plus shipping...

DAMN! 250? I need to raise my prices... a straight rebuild is $119.00 plus shipping...

Thats what i said, $250 is too much.

I rather buy a shock on ebay for 120 bucks, and its actual from an 06 and says that its Grade A (meaning its perfect condition) and just buy a spring made for my weight for an extra 120 bucks! and still have 10 bucks left over for a few gallons of gas

Thats what i said, $250 is too much.

I rather buy a shock on ebay for 120 bucks, and its actual from an 06 and says that its Grade A (meaning its perfect condition) and just buy a spring made for my weight for an extra 120 bucks! and still have 10 bucks left over for a few gallons of gas

Or your best bet would be to rebuild your shock, so you KNOW it's BRAND NEW, and get a spring from me for $89 installed. :D

Or your best bet would be to rebuild your shock, so you KNOW it's BRAND NEW, and get a spring from me for $89 installed. :D

sounds like a plan,

i'll let you know when i get the $ to do it

so 120 for rebuild and 90 for a spring made to my weight?

sounds like a plan,

i'll let you know when i get the $ to do it

so 120 for rebuild and 90 for a spring made to my weight?

If you want the shock revalved as well, I only charge $10 more for a revalve.

You'd be at $218.00 rebuilt, revalve, and with a custom Eibach spring. Shipping back is $10.85 via a Medium Flat Rate box. $228.85 out the door. No other fees.