Need some major changes

dshep

Hey BHQ, I'm new to the forums and this is my first banshee and im in love, but i do need to make some changes to it for where i ride. I ride in eastern kentucky and its pretty damn rough back in the trails. I've been going through the forums for hours looking and seen a lot of helpful things of what to do i was just trying to see what everyone thinks i should do to my 05 shee.

Thanks!

shee.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

New suspension, or send ur stock shocks out to have valved for ur riding style and weight. It wud help with the rocks and what not. Def get sum pipes, if your Guna leave ur motor stock get sum toomey t6 pipes, or t5. Welcome to bhq

Hey BHQ, I'm new to the forums and this is my first banshee and im in love, but i do need to make some changes to it for where i ride. I ride in eastern kentucky and its pretty damn rough back in the trails. I've been going through the forums for hours looking and seen a lot of helpful things of what to do i was just trying to see what everyone thinks i should do to my 05 shee.

Thanks!

shee.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Need to b a lil more precise about what u need help with. Looks like a stock bike with almost bald tires. What don't you like about it? And what kind if riding is it gonna be used for mainly? Just rough trails? Then maybe we can better help you with a direction to go.

+4 on your timing to gain some more bottom end( search forum, you can mod your stock plate for free), tires, pro circuit pipes, clamp on filter using stock box, skid plates, Nerf bars, .....suspension, suspension, suspension! Watch the classifieds for some good deals on used parts and you can save some money!

There's a lot of stuff you can do. The right tires will make a world of difference. Some decent shocks would make the ride over all those rocks and ruts a lot more bearable. Some decent skids would be a must. Maybe smaller sprockets, little more ground clearance. Nerf bars with pegs built in with deep spiked pegs. Hand guards, rubber isolated bars and or steering stem, hydro steering stabilizer, good brake pads and rotors that will shed mud. Then motor stuff, keepin it cool. Coolhead of some type, oversized radiator, water pump impeller, maybe one of those finned deals that goes inline. Porting, reeds, carbs, pipes, air box mods for low to mid power and to pull the heavy 6 ply tires you'll prob want. Heavy duty clutch and springs and a billet clutch basket. Maybe a decent gripper seat cover to keep your ass glued to the seat when it's all slimy. What else you need? Sky's the limit.

Some +2 arms with an extended axle along with aftermarket front shocks and a revalved stock rear would make a huge difference. Hit Matt up for a stock rebuild on the rear for a very good price. Fronts can be found used and also resprung/ revalved for your weight, riding style, and arm length. Suspension gets a little pricey but pays off in the end.....just buy a little at a time in the classifieds and put it all on once you obtain it all. I run long travel arms and shocks but its a little overkill I think for trail riding....standard travel will suit you just fine.

By the way I live about 3 hours east of hazard county in WV so I ride the same kind of terrain....forgot to mention that if you still have the stock carbs you will want to get rid of the TORS system. Search the forum for TORS delete and I'm sure you will find a how to on it.

Definitely trash the tors, get either pro-circuits, t-5, tr-6 or at least FMF fattys anything over stock honestly, +4 timing, decent clamp on filter get your rear shock rebuilt if it needs it then get some used works shocks off of here and maybe some +2 a arms while your at it. Decent tires, kenda klaw/kutters, CST ambush, razr 2s, holeshot hds or something. Pipes, suspension, tires are gonna be your main things id say.