Looking for a new work truck

Nightmare

I have heard good things about the Ford Ecoboost, but as an owner of 5 Toyota Tacomas - I love them.

They are a great "go to" truck for small hauls, good gas mileage, etc.

I can average about 21 mpg with a 4 cy. 4x4 manual transmission. I have had the v6 4x4, auto and averaged about 18-19 mpg. Look into them, I dont think you will be disappointed.

Good Luck!

JSYK, the 5.3 motor will get better mileage then the 4.8, it doesnt have to work as hard, tire size or gearing will effect MPG.

if you hate the chevy/gmc for gas mileage, then your screwed, the fords and dodges get worse besides the eco boost, and you wont find on of them under 35 grand for a while.

Most gas mileage is controlled by your right foot, the easier you are on the gas the better the mileage. make sure your MAF sensor is clean, as well as your fuel filter (04+ dont have fuel filters. its in the tank.)

that being said, your driving a truck your never going to get great gas mileage.

Well, we decided to sell my parents my 08 sierra. I had 7000 left to pay on it so they payed it off and i went and bought a new charger. I still have a vehicle and they got their work truck. It has a tuner and intake in it and it does decent on fuel for what it is. And with the sierra i can haul more than a couple quads. I put rear airbags on it for when i had my toy hauler so it does great with heavier loads.

JSYK, the 5.3 motor will get better mileage then the 4.8, it doesnt have to work as hard, tire size or gearing will effect MPG.

if you hate the chevy/gmc for gas mileage, then your screwed, the fords and dodges get worse besides the eco boost, and you wont find on of them under 35 grand for a while.

Most gas mileage is controlled by your right foot, the easier you are on the gas the better the mileage. make sure your MAF sensor is clean, as well as your fuel filter (04+ dont have fuel filters. its in the tank.)

that being said, your driving a truck your never going to get great gas mileage.

Not true, the 4.8 does much better on gas than a 5.3. We have a08 silverado with a 4.8 and it gets way better mpg than a 09 silverado with a 5.3. Both trucks are 4x4 and both have 3.73 gearing.

Not true, the 4.8 does much better on gas than a 5.3. We have a08 silverado with a 4.8 and it gets way better mpg than a 09 silverado with a 5.3. Both trucks are 4x4 and both have 3.73 gearing.

not gonna agrue with you, but i have been on truck forums for years, and stats show they get around the same mileage.

My everyday work truck is a 4.8 and I have zero complaints about the motor. Gets great mileage and the truck takes an absolute beating everyday so I'm happy with it.