hjr or wildcard?

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Go swing somewhere else Brian... yelrotflmao.gif

Why am I m nut swinger for telling him where to take it? Does that make you a wildcard swinger then becasue that was your answer? Like I have said many times I am okay with being a but swinger since I know I am swinging from a really fast set of nuts! :confused:

I think these builder vs. threads are getting about as old as pipe and dyno threads...to be honest.

You're not getting any information other than popularity contest winners.

That's not a knock on HJR, Wildcard, Redline or any of the others. All do great work, reputable, etc.

Out of all the people recommending one or the other, ask them how many motors they've had build by ALL of them.

Not many, if any...can say all. Several even stated they haven't dealt with so and so....

Personally, I've had HJR do my old motor and it ripped. I can't tell you if it would've ran better, worse or indifferent in the others hands.

Why am I m nut swinger for telling him where to take it? Does that make you a wildcard swinger then becasue that was your answer? Like I have said many times I am okay with being a but swinger since I know I am swinging from a really fast set of nuts! :confused:

Brian.. You know i was just messin with ya.. yelrotflmao.gif

I know you are Shayne and as dajogejr said these threads are getting just a little old so I was taking it in a different direction lol.

I think these builder vs. threads are getting about as old as pipe and dyno threads...to be honest.

You're not getting any information other than popularity contest winners.

That's not a knock on HJR, Wildcard, Redline or any of the others. All do great work, reputable, etc.

Out of all the people recommending one or the other, ask them how many motors they've had build by ALL of them.

Not many, if any...can say all. Several even stated they haven't dealt with so and so....

Personally, I've had HJR do my old motor and it ripped. I can't tell you if it would've ran better, worse or indifferent in the others hands.

I always thought this same way. Sure your bike "rips" when you have nothing else to compare it to other than itself with FMFs and some pod filters

I always thought this same way. Sure your bike "rips" when you have nothing else to compare it to other than itself with FMFs and some pod filters

Ya but then there are some like yourself who have had a motor built by 2 of the mentioned and can answer this question but for the sake of not starting shit and not being a dick head you are not going to do. :unsure:

Also there are many of us myself included who have ridden many different motors from most of all the builders mentioned and can answer this but then you are just called a nut swinger so that does not matter either. :jesterlaugh:

Ya but then there are some like yourself who have had a motor built by 2 of the mentioned

Riddle me this.

How many have had the same purpose built and type/size built by more than one builder?

i.e.. Build a 10 mil cub to drag race only, one by HJR, one by Wildcard....

Apples to apples. How many people build the same motor twice, by different builders? .0001%?

Riddle me this.

How many have had the same purpose built and type/size built by more than one builder?

i.e.. Build a 10 mil cub to drag race only, one by HJR, one by Wildcard....

Apples to apples. How many people build the same motor twice, by different builders? .0001%?

Keep one thing in mind I am a dune guy not a drag guy. I ride the dunes a way more than most and I ride year around. I am not a drag guy and do not hang out at the track. That being said you have any idea the number of bikes you run into on a weekend that have a dune port with 35 pwk carbs and cpi's on them??? A shit load!! You run into guys with HJR dune port Wildcard dune port Redline dune port you get the idea. I have ridden all kinds of them and raced against all kinds of them also. Here again not at the track just racing up the hill on the dunes which means nothing in my opioin becasue rider can make such a hugh differance. I can tell you which ones I thought really hauled ass and I can also tell you the number of guys who got on my little 4 mill stock cylinder and siad holy shit that is just a dune port??? I have had mine on the dyno getting tuned many times and it runs nothing like that. But like I said I am just anut swinger what do I know.

Just to be clear dajogejr I am not starting a fight with you and I respect your knowledge I think I have told you that many times in the past but when it comes to duners I do know a fair amount about that side of this hobby and your pecrentage when it comes to the same motor being built for the duners is way off.

Just to be clear dajogejr I am not starting a fight with you and I respect your knowledge I think I have told you that many times in the past but when it comes to duners I do know a fair amount about that side of this hobby.

No worries..it's all good. I know for a fact the guy tearing up the dunes on a small, OEM motor outweigh the alky burners at the strip probably 50 to 1.

But here's my point...to you.

You mention you're not a drag racer...more so a duner. But then in the very next few sentence you mention lining up against others.

Unless you're running a baja circuit in the dunes, you're still drag racing. Just not on flat ground with a fixed distance, lights and timers (in other words, a non-controlled enviornment).

I get what you're saying, we're not arguing, just discussing which is a good thing. No worries....:)

As Tyler like to say when he posts something Discuss lol.

I should clarify what I said. I am not a track guy that is probably a better way to say it. Not really use to dealing with the alky motor and the big stroker stuff more just the small dune bikes. My riding is 85% dunes tree shots hill climbs and riding with the family and 12% racing at the hill. The other 3% involves me laying in the sand stuck under my banshee becasue I have crashed.

As Tyler like to say when he posts something Discuss lol.

I should clarify what I said. I am not a track guy that is probably a better way to say it. Not really use to dealing with the alky motor and the big stroker stuff more just the small dune bikes. My riding is 85% dunes tree shots hill climbs and riding with the family and 12% racing at the hill. The other 3% involves me laying in the sand stuck under my banshee becasue I have crashed.

Yep...you're clearly not a drag racer. We spend 50% of the time working/tuning the bikes. 40% Jaw Jacking and BSing with buddies, talking smack, etc., and 10% actually riding.

You'd have to make a huge adjustment to join our crowd....

:rotflmao::cheers: