A few questions...

so i got a few questions about my banshee. What should the compression be on a stock engine ( i think its stock :D)? What would cause the right cylinder to smoke more then the left? It auctaly smokes alot more, both smoke but the right is easily seen to be alot more. it has a open k&n filter toomey 2 into 1 setup. I also checked the plugs and they both look light tan but wet. Last question what kind of transmission oil should i run?

around 130lbs

weak compression on one side could cause it to smoke more since it is a 2-1 intake setup or weak spark

run yamaha's trans oil or honda oil in the trans unless you want to spend a ton then there is a few other brands out there. being mostly stock i would just stick with what yamaha used.

so i got a few questions about my banshee. What should the compression be on a stock engine ( i think its stock :D)? What would cause the right cylinder to smoke more then the left? It auctaly smokes alot more, both smoke but the right is easily seen to be alot more. it has a open k&n filter toomey 2 into 1 setup. I also checked the plugs and they both look light tan but wet. Last question what kind of transmission oil should i run?

not sure bout your smoking more on one side but i run hp trans oil

well i checked compression in the left cylinder its a 77lbs. I cant really test the right since the gas tank is in the way but with finger feel it doesnt seem like much more. is 77 lbs very bad? and the toomey 2 into 1 is just the airfliter setup not carbs

Edited by yamaha driver

well i checked compression in the left cylinder its a 77lbs. I cant really test the right since the gas tank is in the way but with finger feel it doesnt seem like much more. is 77 lbs very bad? and the toomey 2 into 1 is just the airfliter setup not carbs

your tester isn't right. anything under 90 normally has to be pull started. make sure the tester had the same thread depth as the spark plug and hold the throttle open and kick until the needle stops rising.

well i know i used it on my 250r about 4 months ago and it read 149lbs and that was the same plug. Mabey someone dropped it and messed it up? it usualy starts in 2 kicks when cold always 1 when warm. also i never messed with the carbs or even looked at them. could they be outa sync?

Edited by yamaha driver