Badlands this Saturday 8/4/12

So some of us are going riding this Saturday at the Badlands. Thought I'd just put it out there in case anyone was interested in going.

I looked and they are calling for Rain Friday night, so I'm hoping that will cut down the dust a little. (I was at Fox valley off-road last weekend and my outerwears looked like they were made of clay.) LOL

They are running the extended summer hours (9am to 7pm) so we don't have to rush out of there by 5:00. :headbang:

Anyone up for a ride?

How was it. I'd like to get back up there soon

Well as usual the weather men can't predict what it's going to do on Saturday even if it's already Saturday morning. :rolleyes:

(How can they claim to predict global warming if they can't even get a weekend forecast correct?)

Well 2 of my friends and I went and had a blast! We have always gone in the fall when they had the winter hours (9-5) but they were still on summer hours (9-7) So we got ALOT of riding in.

It was very dusty because the rain they predicted for friday night never happened. (My outerwear's look like they are made of clay) It was hot. I drank 8 - 20 oz. Gatorades and 5 - 16 oz. waters. :whoa:

But we rode the whole place and burnt thru 6 gallons of fuel. There was a nice breeze that saved us from becoming human jerky. but keeping the bikes moving was the best way to stay cool.

My #1 passion is riding the dunes....but The Badlands is a very close second. I've got 2 more dune trips to Silver Lake planned, but I'm going to make at least one more trip to The Badlands later this fall....

I'm thinking October.

Has anyone picked a date for an HQ ride there yet? I'm thinking an early October date would be good.......Give it a chance to cool down and let the leaves fall off the trees so you can see the trails clearly. (Less chances of climbing a hill that someone is already coming down.)