helicoil thread info

I have to put 2 helicoils in my right cylinder, found it was like this during tear down and was wondering if anyone knows what size the head studs are and what thread count is so i get the correct insert. I did some searching and saw that some people recommend thread lock when setting them, is this needed with the final torque being 20lbs. ?

I know when i use them I always thread lock them....although I've never had to repair the threads you are working on. Mainly mine has been footpeg holes and a mounting hole in the frame or two. Just my input...

Thanks, all helpfull input appreciated. I figure if they held for your footpeg they'll hold for a head bolt.

I have to put 2 helicoils in my right cylinder, found it was like this during tear down and was wondering if anyone knows what size the head studs are and what thread count is so i get the correct insert. I did some searching and saw that some people recommend thread lock when setting them, is this needed with the final torque being 20lbs. ?

8mm with 1.25 thread pitch. I don't like helicoils much, I use timeserts ,much better permanant fixe. if you use helicoils use thread lock.

8mm with 1.25 thread pitch. I don't like helicoils much, I use timeserts ,much better permanant fixe. if you use helicoils use thread lock.

Nice, thanks for the info. I'll look into the timeserts you mentioned, im guessing their similar to the keenserts ive been told of. I like permanent much better than band-aid.