good deal?

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This one here http://pittsburgh.craigslist.org/mcy/3144753377.html

I just talked to him, doesn't have the title for it and is unsure if it has been rebuilt. I asked if he is firm on the price and he said he may go down a few hundred.

I'll go there friday and offer 1800 I suppose. Kind of bothers me buying a quad with no title though..

Look over the quad, see what might need attention and work. Check the bearings (play in the axle and wheels) look at the air filter, check underneath the frame and the a-arms at weak point for damage, bends, etc. I would also do a compression test, pick up a tester if you don't have one. Good investment...

My state doesn't even give titles for ATV's. Everyone goes by state registration and bill of sale. I guess it depends on what state you live in. It's important for resale to some, but not necessary for others. Call your local DNR to see what you all need in order to register the quad.

If you can get the vin number do a quick check of it on motoverse. From there you can find sites to run a history and theft check on the quad if you are skeptical of a deal. Good luck.

Edited by Tommilicious

If you pick one up I'd reccomend doing the following at a minimum...

Drain gas, put in fresh batch.

Clean air filter and air box

Change spark plugs (Also buy a spare set or 2 and carry a socket/wrench with you while riding) never know if you'll foul a plug on a new bike...

Check brakes

Adjust chain

Grease fittings

BUY A CLYMERS MANUAL

Take it on a nice ride, get the feel of it, then check your plugs, air filter, etc to make sure everything looks good. Not a bad idea to clean the carbs really good, take a note of what pilot and main jets it has....

Most of the banshees I see for sale have sat and have old gas in them and filthy filters with dirt, oil, and mud in the air box. Some people are idiots and don't take care of their machines!

I know now lol. I posted this originaly when I was on my phone. Then I looked on my computer and thought what a POS that one looked like.

Blue one looks good though even in bigger pics. The guy said that people are real anal about riding where his house is so thats out of the question. I'll look at the air filter and hopefully hell let me do a compression test (ill walk if not). What else? It should have at least 120 psi if I remember correctly, right?

Only thing that sucks about it is t6s... How much could they be sold for?

I know now lol. I posted this originaly when I was on my phone. Then I looked on my computer and thought what a POS that one looked like.

Blue one looks good though even in bigger pics. The guy said that people are real anal about riding where his house is so thats out of the question. I'll look at the air filter and hopefully hell let me do a compression test (ill walk if not). What else? It should have at least 120 psi if I remember correctly, right?

Only thing that sucks about it is t6s... How much could they be sold for?

With that one even if its in 115ish Fuck it just buy it if you need to rebuild it over the winter or next year w.e its worth it to get a nicer bike and once you do the rebuild you know the state of the motor and it takes the "is it reliable" out of the question.