Losing patience..

To this day I can get my banshee running decent but never perfect, always has some kind of hiccup.

My mods include FMF Fatty's, Powercore II silencers, +4 timing plate, airbox lid removed with a K&N filter, Boysen RAD valves, and that's it. My current jetting is 270 mains, 27.5 pilots, needle clip in stock position.

When it's cold, it pulls strong and doesn't hesitate or stutter. But when it's up to full operating temperature, it has no low end. It runs like shit until I get into the rev's then it pulls hard. I also foul out plugs every ride or two.

I sync'd the carbs and messed with the air/fuel screws...

My father has an identical setup but with a stock airbox lid still on and stock reeds. He has 260's and stock pilots and his runs PERFECT. One of the best running banshee's I have ridden. He took his lid off one day to fuck around and it popped a little from being too lean. So I figured it makes sense to go 10 up on the main jet for mine since I run open airbox (hence the 270) and I put the 27.5's in because FMF recommended it and it did help over the stock pilots.

I'm at a loss here. Are the weird shape of the RAD valve reed cages messing me up? I don't know where to start at this point.

Not sure what the elevation is, it's out here in the coal region so probably higher up. But everyone I ride with that have banshee's ride in the same spots and don't have issues with their jetting. That's the troublesome part..

If your plugs are wet fouling then you're rich...

• Those reeds are going to richen up your mid-range you may need to go leaner on your needles (move the clip up 1)
  • If you go to 260s does yours pop?

Go here and find your elevation: www.earthtools.org

• Then adjust accordingly: about +1 on the mains for every 1500' higher and -1 for every 1500' lower

Also as the temperature goes up it gets richer (air gets thinner as it's heated)

• Ambient temperatures above 90 deg F = -1 on the mains
  • Ambient temperatures below 60 deg F = +1 on the mains or you could put your airbox lid back on when the temp drops

Don't know what your premix ratio is:

• 20:1 = up to +2 on the mains
  • 24:1 = up to +2 on the mains
  • 32:1 = 0 on the mains
  • 40:1 = up to -2 on the mains
  • 50:1 = up to -2 on the mains