GT Thunder HSL Shocks

007banshee

Ok. Reason I ask is i bought a set of non ressie from them used to fit my fireball racing arms that are made to work with 450 shocks, these shocks are 1/2" shorter than 450 shocks but i talked to them and said since the arms are+ 2 and just have different shock mount location and these shocks are near that design i should be close to a nice ride and they said they help if anything needs to be adjusted with the shocks. They are already set up for my weight so that helps.

ae7c6e9e-2a9d-f7bd.jpg

I was talking to him last night. Here's the shocks. I was on there website, they sure seem to know what they are doing.

Thanks Jordan, the shocks are 15.5 eye to eye. Bought them from GT, they had them used and rebuilt and revalved them. Talked to Lazarus Sommers last night and seemed very knowledgable and said he can get those to work on my banshee just need to get him some measurments of the arms and ground clearance one everything is set up.

GT Thunder has a pretty good reputation. FYI, though if those are the tapered bump stops, they're on upside down. I've never had my hands on any of their shocks, so I can't attest to the quality of them, but they look VERY similar to the older PEP Shocks... pretty much a works shock. Not sure what kind of valving they're using, as I haven't opened one up.

The shocks pictured are NPL shocks (No Preload), you won't have much (if any) preload adjustment for ride height with those springs. See if GT Thunder can get you a set of regular dual rate secondary springs. Most of the NPL shocks I build are for TT or XC races where there is little to no jumping.

There's a thread here somewhere that I explain the difference between NPL and regular dual rate shocks. Not sure where it was though.