Dc conversion

I'm in the process of converting my banshee to Dc to run hid's and a led tail,how much wattage do u lose when converting? I bought the trail tech reg/rec which is rated for 150 watts and a gel hayabusa battery, the guy at trail tech said u lose wattage ?any help is appreciated

I'm in the process of converting my banshee to Dc to run hid's and a led tail,how much wattage do u lose when converting? I bought the trail tech reg/rec which is rated for 150 watts and a gel hayabusa battery, the guy at trail tech said u lose wattage ?any help is appreciated

We've seen a loss of 5-10 watts depending upon the condition of your stator.

Yes, a stock stator puts out roughly 72-74 watts, best case scenario on AC current. Once switched to DC current, we typically see 60-65 watts.

Yeah i figured, I did a dc conversion and with my two 35w hid's I had, my battery would still drain a little. I only noticed from throwing it on the battery tender.

Yeah i figured, I did a dc conversion and with my two 35w hid's I had, my battery would still drain a little. I only noticed from throwing it on the battery tender.

Yeah, most people never notice that it draws on the battery, since they ride all day with the lights off, so it charges. You could probably run for 12-15 hours straight on a 10ah battery with normal riding.

Can that sheerider guy make them with more output or should I just not worry about it? I am running a gel deep cycle battery so I should be good I would guess, running the hids up front and a led rear taillight,I need to find a small led taillight since we center mounted the CPI pipes

Can that sheerider guy make them with more output or should I just not worry about it? I am running a gel deep cycle battery so I should be good I would guess, running the hids up front and a led rear taillight,I need to find a small led taillight since we center mounted the CPI pipes

I'm sure you'll be just fine, but if you want to have Gary re-wind your stator for added peace of mind, that wouldn't be a bad idea. It's up to you, but I think you'll be fine.

just to add- the stock flywheel and stock stator frame will only support 105watts. i have been through every scenario, and the simple fact is that is the max "bl" of the stock magnetic field. i would expect it to rectify to 90-95 continuous at high rpm, which should maintain the battery and lights, if you are ridding, not just idling it the whole time, lol.

I will definitely post up pics after I get it all done,got a pointed subframe,carbon fiber plastics,center mount exhaust,doing the powder in black chrome,dc converting it and have a 4 mil stock cylinder I built for it,every bearing in it new,+ 2 roundhouse swing arm,and much more,Ive been working on it for a little while,going to post up pics after powder to show u guys,again thanks for all the info