noob ? on jetting help

ok guys i just got my 1st shee its a 98 on stock bore. took it out over the weekend seemed to do alright just a lil doggish in the low end. i do know they are not low end bikes. it wont idle and almost have rev it up to much to take off. so after looking around and not really finding my anwser i come to ya'll for help, its on its stock bore has fmf gold series pipes and k/n filter. i decided to check the jets only to find that it has a 160 main and 25 pilot jets i know this cant be right. i live in indiana, ride at see level, and ride in 70 to 90 degree weather. today i ordered a ajustable stator plate to +4 timing and dont plan on doing any ather mods at this time. what jets do i need to go with on this bike and how do u sync the carbs my left opens before my right and also what are the ajustments for on top of each carb i thought thats what ajusted the carbs to open at the same time but didnt seem to do any thing they are now turned all the way to the right. please help

The adjustments on the carb caps are for cable tension which would need to be adjusted along with the idle screws on the outside of each carb to sync the carbs correctly. I am not a jetting expert but are you running stock carbs?? Also are you running the stock air box and with a lid or without? Just a couple questions to get a better answer for you.

Jetting should be 260-280 main and 25 pilots. If its hard starting hate to idle adjust the air screws on the carb. With pipes I have found you generally need a little more fuel. Try setting your air screw around 1 turn.

There is a dot on the right side of the carb slide. This is for syncing the carb. Paint it white to help see it. There is a window on each carb. On the back right side. When the carb is wot that dot should be in each window.

Hope that helps!