front shock + a arm qs

KAMIKAZE

hey guys

after a bit of help again

im just over 6 foot and 95kgs

ride mostly sand dunes in australia

and need some better handling out of the banshee

looking into the world of shocks and arms and had a few questions

with the +2 arms on the front are you getting the matching rear axle or leaving the stock one?

the kits ive been looking at seem to do front shocks+a arms n not rear shock

is it common to only do the front end?

is it worth going the extra for long travel or not ?

should i get all 3 shocks?

would the +2 arms benifit me alot? or not worth the extra

to be honest i wasnt looking to spend over 2k

with this sort of budget what would you go for

i do not race the bike so not after a 10k package but people i ride with have upgraded gear and stock just doesnt cut it

thanks for any help you can provide

Ben

just a link to show the kind of thing i was looking at

http://www.ebay.com....=item20bddf72cb

• 2 weeks later...

I recently had all of the same questions you had. Simply put. Front banshee shocks are junk. Stage one elka's will rock the socks off of, front stock shocks. I myself don't race professionally, i do a lot of recreational riding. Rear banshee shocks are actually pretty decent. Shouldnt be any need to replace that. If you extend the front arms for stability and straight geometry you need to extend the rear also. extending the rear adds quite a few bucks to the price.

My plan of action was to eliminate the low points of the banshee's suspension that you get right out of the box (front shocks, rear carrier/style of chain adjustment). I replaced my front shocks with elka stage twos. Keeping my front a-arms. I'm in the process of painting/pc the parts i removed and replacing all bearings and seals(keep in mind the stock arms cannot be pc due to the teflon bushings and i believe teflon in the ball joint also) ball joint is not replaceable.

In the rear, it was important to me to get a 35mm round house carrier so i could run the stock axle. JL engineering is building a +4 for my shee as we speak, and i got a smoking deal on it. The stock chain adjustment is just awful and i KNOW it was crooked and probably causing drag w/robs performance. im sure its minimal but still.. when all is said and done ill have a little over 1500 bucks in her.. beats the extra 1500 id spend on arms and axle just my .02