+2/+4 Extened Swing Arm

flyRTby

The bike puts down just under 60hp & just over 36 ft. lbs. of torque.

Mods Include: Dune port, Vforce 3 Reeds, Cool Head w/custom cut domes, Pod filters, Toomey T6's.

My suspension is currently BONE STOCK. I plan on getting new shocks up front, Elka Stage 1's & extending the rear swinger to either a +2 or a +4 and keeping the rear shock stock. At the dunes i run 20x10x10 9 paddle haulers & they bite hard! My riding is very recreational, from the dunes to the trails. The main reason for changing the rear swinger is to loose some traction & get rid of that awful stock carrier/chain adjustment & getting into a roundhouse style carrier.

I'm leaning towards the +2 for two reasons. I want to loose some traction, but not TOO much & because i imagine the further out i go the more stress ill be putting on the rear shocks.

Any quick suggestions/opinions before i pull the trigger is appreciated.

I love my +4 Stellar arm for all around dune riding. And the round house is THE only way to go.

Alot of guys around here run +4 or +6....so it really just comes down to personal preference. For trails the +2 would work well. I don't have a problem turning around in some tight dune trails out there with my 4 though.

Edited by 06specialedition

I tried calling stellar, no response. I really need some feedback from the guys that build these things. Stellar website is impressive, Ii don't know which "style" swinger to go with (Ladder, round tube etc.) I've talked to John over at JL engineering he seems to be real good, knows his stuff & seems to have a good product. Decisions, decisions.. +3 sounds like it may be my happy medium also.. good call sonofsand

I tried calling stellar, no response. I really need some feedback from the guys that build these things. Stellar website is impressive, Ii don't know which "style" swinger to go with (Ladder, round tube etc.) I've talked to John over at JL engineering he seems to be real good, knows his stuff & seems to have a good product. Decisions, decisions.. +3 sounds like it may be my happy medium also.. good call sonofsand

Tim at stellar posted an apology yesterday about not answering the phone, he is super busy right now. He said to send him an email. if you are not going any bigger than +4 and rec riding on it, I would only consider a round tube style arm. That is going to be your best bang for the buck.

Don't go more than a +4 if you wanna wheelie... +4 is probably the most common around here... some going up to a +6. I'd say get a +4, and be done with it.

For what you want to do....+4. If you want to ride wheelies. (Balance and ride them) The +4 is perfect.

But if you were looking to set it up a little more for drag. Then you would want to go +6. (My wife's 63 HP bike runs a +6...but she doesn't want a bike that punts the front end so high that you have to worry about going over backwards.)

Tim at Stellar is the best! :headbang: (He did my +10 custom arched) But you should be able to find a nice used +4 and for most riders if you crank up the spring pressure the stock shock will be fine.

Edited by WINDYCITYJOHN400

$625.09 ??? :huh:

If I offered you $624.99....would I be a low baller? :lol: