In need of oregon dune closure input!

so, i'm doing a project in social studies where i contact The oregon department of forestry, fish and wildlife, and a few state senators about ODNRA closures. i'm trying to make this letter very thoughtful, and impacting so i need help from all of you. i need memorable experiences, thoughts on closures, and questions regarding these closures, and even laws that you dislike or think that are unreasonable. thanks

-Chris

My dad grew up in coos bay and I still have a lot of family down there. I have been riding down there since I can remember. It's sad that a lot of the dunes I remember riding as a kid are already shut down. The facts are that the part that is shut down for horse riding and hiking barley gets used, and is also way to big of an area for them. They think riding at the dunes is destroying the area, when in reality we are helping it by keeping grasses and noxious weeds down. If you look at pics from the 60's it is all sand with no grass or other shit. They need to start giving the dunes back not taking more away when the sport is growing. That whole snowy plover thing was a crock of shit. That's my 2 cents.

The dunes is the first place i learned how to ride (5-6 years old). I have been hooked ever since. I dont ride my banshee anywhere else besides the dunes. I know when i have kids, i will be taking them to the dunes to teach them. Its much more safe to teach them in the open sand rather than the street or a track where they can get much worse injuries if something goes wrong. The Dunes keep alot of people from riding on the street, illegal fields, etc. By closing the dunes, you are actively and knowingly killing a sport and some families traditions. You would also be putting a lot of companies out of business by shutting the dunes down.